It’s not possible to add an attachment to a newsletter (as a file), when sending campaigns to multiple subscribers. However, you can add an attachment to your email as a link.
- Upload your file into a cloud (e.g. Dropbox or Onedrive or on your website as a downloadable file).
- Copy the embedded link from the platform and add it to your newsletter.
- To add the link, select the word(s) in your text (e.g. “Look here”) which you want to open the attachment when clicked on or add the link to a button.
- Click on the link adding button on the text editing toolbar.
- In the new window you can add the link. Paste the link attached to your file and click “OK”.
Linking a video
To link a video you can either attach the video link to a button or add an image of the video to your template and attach the video link to the image.
- Take a screenshot of your video.
- You can add a “Play” icon to the screenshot by using Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net etc.
- Add the screenshot to your template as a regular image.
- Move your cursor to the upper left corner of the image until a wrench icon appears. Click on the icon.
- In the new window with image settings you’ll find a “URL” field.
- Paste the video link you want to add to your template and click “OK”.
Linking a survey
It’s not possible to create a survey right into the template because most ESPs don’t support displaying them. You can create a survey online beforehand and add it to your email template as a link. If you already have a survey, you can skip to the chapter about adding a survey.
Creating a Google form
- To create a new form, go to docs.google.com/forms and click on the “+” sign.
- Insert your questions in the new window.
- To add questions, click on the “+” sign.
- Choose a question type from the dropdown menu next to the question.
- Once the form is ready, click on the “Send” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- A new window will open where you can see different options for sending.
- Choose sending with a link and copy the link generated.
A more detailed tutorial for using Google forms can be found here.
Adding a survey link to your newsletter
- Create or open the template you want to use to send out your survey.
- Add the survey link as you would a regular link.
- To add the link into the text, select the word(s) to which you want to add the link to and click on the link adding button on the toolbar.
- Paste the link into the new window and click “OK”.
You can add the link to a button as well. Click on the button settings and paste your link there.