Why do you need additional parameters?
All contacts imported to your Smaily account will be automatically added to the “All subscribers” list, which consists of all the subscribers on that account. To create segments of that database, you need to add additional parameters (extra fields) to the contacts. These parameters are needed to create filters to segment your database based on set values.
Preparing your contact file
- Open your file with contacts in Excel (or a similar program).
- All email addresses have to be in the same column without empty rows in between.
- Name of the column must be “email”.
- Add your desired parameter into a new column. For example, if you are creating a segment of press contacts, the name of the parameter can be “press”.
- Give each contact you wish to add to the new segment a value in the new column (e.g. “yes”; “member” etc.).
6. Once you’re done adding parameters, save the file and import it into your Smaily account.
7. Once the import is done, open the filter you created or create a new one, and change the criteria for segmentation.
8. Choose the new added parameter (e.g. “press”) from the dropdown menu.
9. Insert the value you added to your contacts in the file (e.g. “yes”) to the empty field.
10. Click “Save” and a new segment of contacts will be created.
The created segment is based on a specific parameter. To add contacts to the same segment in the future, use the same parameter (e.g. “press”) and the same value (e.g. “yes”).