How to connect a landing page form to a segment?
If you want to connect your landing page form to a specific segment, a hidden field must be added to the form.
- Open the segment where you want the subscribers to be added after submitting their information via a form.
- Check the segmentation rules – if the filter has been created parameter-based, remember the name and value of the parameter. If a filter has been created using a “modified” parameter, read more on how to create a parameter-based segment first.
- Open the landing pages tab and the form you want to connect to the segment.
- Click on the form element and add a new field.
- Select “Hidden field” as the field type.
- Name the field after the parameter that is used in the filter of the selected segment.
- Use the name of the segment as the field label. Only you can see the label.
- The value of the field should be the same as the value set in the filter conditions of the selected segment.
- Save the form and test it out.
- Check if your email was added to the selected contact segment.